Tips On Buying A New Kitchen Sink
FOR BEST RESULTS, ALWAYS GO STAINLESS-STEEL
Are you thinking about getting a new kitchen sink?If so, there are a few things you should keep in mind before you being your new sink home.By following these few tips, you can save a lot of time, money and effort.
TIPS ON BUYING A NEW KITCHEN SINK
1) Choose quality: In the end, choosing a quality sink will always cost you less over the long haul than choosing a cheaper version.While the initial cost of acquisition is usually higher, you won’t have to worry about replacing it for many years.Stainless steel is a favorite for its clean look and durability.
2) Pay attention to the gauge: When it comes to stainless steel, the gauge of the steel will be directly related to the quality of the sink.Those that are too thin will dent and scratch easily; resulting in a need to replace the sink much more quickly than if you choose a heavier gauge.Most experts recommend that you choose a sink that is 16-18 gauge steel in order to avoid this particular pitfall.Be equipped to handle heavier items. Your best bet, stay within the 16-18 gauge range.
3) Choose a sink that has a lot of depth.The reason for this is that you will need the extra space to prepare meals, place dishes for washing and many other things.The more shallow the sink, the less working space you have, forcing you to rely on counter space.If this isn’t a luxury you can afford, make sure that you get a deep enough basin. Most experts recommend having a sink that has a 9 inch basin.
4) What is the purity of the steel? The more steel your sink has in it, the more durable it is.This is why it is important to know what has gone into the making of your sink before you buy it.So, how do you know how much steel is in your sink?Simply take a magnet with you to the store and check to see if the sink is magnetic.If not, stay away from it as it will not include enough steel to be durable enough for your needs.Don’t shortchange yourself by choosing a sink that includes too many contaminants in the manufacturing process and stick with those that are a higher quality.
Another test you can use is to look at the
finish of the sink.Those that are of a
higher quality will have a satin finish rather than a matte or high gloss
5) Have you heard of the thump test? This is a test that you can perform to get the highest quality from your new sink. High quality stainless steel sinks will have a rubbery under-coating and pads. Why? This will cause the sound of running water to go silent. It also has an effect on the silverware too.